Looking for a budget-friendly and easy to follow candle DIY? Check out the Savvy Swaréy’s 𝗗𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗮𝗿 𝗧𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗖𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗹𝗲 𝗗𝗜𝗬 tutorial for stunning Fall centerpieces and decorations. Learn the simple way to melt wax and create gorgeous candles without breaking the bank! These little votives are perfect for enhancing your tablescape for Thanksgiving or fall events.
In this blog, I’ll walk you through how to create budget-friendly votive candles to incorporate into your fall centerpieces and decor using Dollar Store candles, recycled Oui Yogurt jars, and a few supplies you can find at home or purchase online.
Note: When you shop via links on our site, we may earn a small commission if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Savvy Swaréy. Learn more.
Dollar Tree Candle DIY 𝗦𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗹𝘆 𝗟𝗶𝘀𝘁
First, let’s look at your supplies list to get started.
- Large Stock Pot
- Cleaned Oui Yogurt Jars (or any small jar)
- Dollar Tree glass jar candles (1 per every two Oui jars)
- 4’ or 6’ candle wicks
- Centering devices, clothespins or pencils (included in above link)
- Kitchen thermometer
- Towels or trivets for cooling
- (optional) Fall Candle Oil Fragrance Options:
- (optional) Food coloring
Feel free to make this your own by substituting any of the above supplies for what works best for you and/or what you have handy. Afterall, the goal is to make this budget-friendly.
DIY Dollar Tree Candle Making Tutorial
Next, let’s dive into the detailed step-by-step instructions for easy DIY Dollar Tree candle making to enhance your fall centerpieces and decor. Follow along with the video, or jump to view the step-by-step instructions.
1. Set up your stock pot with enough water to submerge the wax in the glass jars.
2. Place the glass jar candles in the water over high heat and wait for the wax to reach around 185 degrees.
3. While the wax is melting, prepare your jars and secure the candle wicks in the center of each jar. Center the wicks using your preferred centering device.
4. Once the wax is at the desired temperature, carefully remove the candles from the water and place them on a trivet.
5. Remove the old wicks and add your preferred fragrance to the wax, stirring thoroughly for even distribution.
6. Let the wax cool to approximately 135-140 degrees before pouring it into the prepared jars.
7.With gloves, slowly pour the wax into the jars and allow them to cool overnight, or several hours.
8. Once your candles are cool, trim the wicks to about an inch above the wax for a polished finish.
Woot woot! Congrats, these little votive candles are now ready to burn! Next, let’s talk ways to incorporate them into your fall event decorations.
DIY Dollar Tree Candle Centerpieces
Now that you’ve got beautiful votives ready to go, it’s time to assemble your Fall centerpiece. Shown below is just one idea you can steal.
Using a wood cutting board I had lying around the kitchen, a pumpkin and gourd I purchased at our local farmer’s market, and some pine cones I literally found in our yard, I created a cute and simple DIY Dollar Tree Candle Centerpiece for our kitchen.
Another idea is to to incorporate your votives into a DIY thanksgiving centerpiece, like the one shown below. You can surround them with a bed of leaves, pinecones and mini pumpkins.
So, there you have it friends, a super simple, budget-friendly way to enhance your fall event tablescapes and home decor. If you have any questions or thoughts on this tutorial, I’d love to hear from you, so drop them in the chat.
And if you do try this yourself, be sure to share photos and videos on social and tag @SavvySwarey!
The Savvy Swaréy